Come celebrate the 4th of July with Chateau Avalon in Kansas City! Whether you are looking for a romantic evening or a family-friendly event, Kansas City has a lot to offer. Check out this list of fun things to do in the area:
- KC Riverfest will take place on the 4th of July from 1 p.m. - 11 p.m. at Berkley Park (Downtown KC). There will be live performances, family activities and games, delicious food, fun entertainment and top-notch fireworks. Come join the fun!
- Parkville 4th of July Celebration - The action will take place in Historic Downtown Parkville, MO. There will fireworks and fun for the whole family. Click on the provided link to get a schedule of activities!
- T-Bones Baseball - Come out to the ball game and enjoy 4th of July fun and a great American past-time! There will be special $4 GA/Berm tickets available and $1 hotdogs with ANY beverage purchase!
These are only a few of the fun things available to do in the area! Have a very safe and happy 4th of July with the ones you love!
Chateau Avalon was honored to receive recognition from AAA travelers and readers last month! We have been named to the top three of Boutique Hotels in the Midwest by AAA's Traveler Magazine! We know that some of our fabulous Facebook Fans are responsible for getting us there...thanks for your votes!
We're not trying to "toot our own horn" or anything but we want each of you to know that we are thankful for you and your support of the Chateau! We love being able to help people create memories that will stay with them throughout their lives and without you all, we wouldn't be able to continue to do that!
Here at Chateau Avalon, we gearing up to welcome our guests for the All-Star Game that will take place in Kansas City in only a couple of short weeks! Here in Village West, we are far away enough from the festivities that you can still have a relaxing vacation but close enough to the action that you can jump in whenever you'd like.
For more information about all the festivities taking place in honor of the All-Star game, click here! The MLB All-Star FanFest will be one of the biggest highlights of the All-Star celebration -- there will be activiites for the whole family and more delicious Kansas City food than you can wrap your head around!
For directions to Kauffman Stadium and information on parking, click here!
If you're still looking for a place to stay, we have a few rooms left. Call the hotel at 913-596-6000 or click here to book reservations online!
Chateau Avalon wishes you a Happy Father's Day! If you are still looking for the perfect gift for that wonderful dad, uncle, grandfather, husband or other significant man in your life than look no further!
We are offering some fantastic specials to make sure that we spoil dad a little bit on his special day! :) Right now through June 17th, you can get ANY Classic or Adventurous room for ONLY $199 + tax. Oh, and just because we love great dads so much, we're also including a $25 voucher to be used at d'Nile Wine Bar!
Please call the hotel directly at 913-596-6000 to make your reservation!
If you're looking for more fun things to do to celebrate Dad in Kansas City, than check out some of these upcoming events in our area:
- June 8th @ 7:05 p.m. Kansas City T-Bones vs. Wichita Wingnuts - Community America Ballpark
- June 8th - 10th and June 14th - 17th @ 8:30 p.m. "Sweeney Todd" - Shawnee Mission Theatre in the Park
- June 8th @ 8:00 p.m. Sounds of Summer, Kansas City Chamber Orchestra - Unity Temple on the Plaza
- June 9th @ 8:30 a.m. In the Blue Room: LIVE CONCERT - American Jazz Museum
- June 9th, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. & June 10th, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Crown Center Antique Festival at Crown Center Square
- June 9th @ 5:00 p.m. Live at the Legends, FREE Summer Concert Series - Legends Outlets
- June 9th @ 6:30 p.m. "Next to Normal", Kansas City Broadway Series - Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
P.S. If your dad's a golfer, make sure to check out our Pamper & Play specials!
*Father's Day special cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or discount. Excludes Saturdays and blackout dates. Must be 21 years or older and posess a valid credit card to book. d'Nile Wine Bar is closed Sun. - Wed.; credit can be used towards spa service or package if desired.
The Chateau Avalon is proud to announce the opening of our d’Nile Wine Bar. Since the Chateau Avalon opened you have been requesting a quiet bar where you can relax and visit. We listened and delivered.
d’Nile is a quaint hideaway on the first floor. Don’t you hate it when you go to a restaurant with your loved one and cannot hear what they are saying because of the noise and acoustics? Then you should be in d’Nile. Soundproof fabric panels adorn the walls to keep conversations intimate and echoes minimized.
As you have come to expect from Chateau Avalon, d’Nile is one of the most thematic, intimate and fun wine bars you have ever seen. From our “quicksand” floor to our 8’ tall gold Egyptian statues, there is plenty to feast your eyes upon. Our unique menu with top rated wines, spirits, and small plates will give you plenty to feast your taste buds on.
d’Nile prides itself on being out of the ordinary by carrying quality wines that you simply will not find at most bars and restaurants. In addition to numerous selections from smaller wineries, vintners like BR Cohn, Brancott Estate and Chateau St. Michelle have some of their most distinctive and celebrated wines showcased at d’Nile. Best of all d’Nile offers small (187 and 375ml) bottles so you can take a chance on wines you might not have otherwise tried.
Our signature cocktails are truly something to behold! We use only the finest spirits in the world to handcraft them. Selections include Tito’s Vodka, Hacienda Tequila and Hendrick’s Gin. With these, we also feature unique infusions, simple syrups and fresh ingredients that make our signature cocktails truly special.
Those that do not drink alcohol are too often left to drink a glass of water or the ubiquitous soda pop offering. Not in d’Nile. For those of you who want to enjoy d’Nile but prefer not to indulge in wine or spirits, we also offer some tasty and creative non-alcoholic selections. Try our Berry Beaumont, a blend of fresh squeezed lemonade, berries, simple syrup and mint or one of our other unique options.
In addition to all of our great wines and spirits, d’Nile also features a revamped and expanded small plate and dessert menu. Choices like our delicious crab cakes and chicken skewers will satisfy your hunger, and the sinful desserts like chocolate fondant cake and lemon truffles will calm your cravings. The entire new menu is available in d’Nile or, if you prefer, for room service.
Best of all, d’Nile opens up to our amazing and romantic North Patio. You can sit in this secluded hideaway engulfed in hanging flowered baskets. Romantic crooners softly play in the background while .you relax with a glass of wine and dessert under our garden lights and marvel at the beauty of the Monte Cristo tower. If you time it right you might even see some our hummingbirds as they visit the patio for their daily meals.
Everyone dreams of a resort-style destination wedding... and now you can create that incredible experience right here in Kansas City! The Chateau Avalon Bed & Breakfast Theme Hotel and Falcon Lakes Golf Club have teamed up to provide you with two one of a kind venues to experience your perfect wedding!
Imagine the wedding party checking in on Friday afternoon at the Chateau Avalon Theme Hotel for your unforgettable wedding weekend. Enjoy drinks at the new d'Nile Wine Bar or on our secluded patio before being shuttled to Falcon Lakes Golf Club for your wedding rehearsal and dinner, which is just minutes away.
Wake up to breakfast in bed to begin your special day... the girls prepare to be Pampered and the boys get ready to Play! Kick the boys out for the day to play golf at the immaculate Falcon Lakes Golf Course; while the girls get pampered with in-room massages and other packages at the Chateau Avalon Spa!
Whether you're considering an intimate ceremony or lavish reception, Falcon Lakes is the perfect setting for your special day. Our professional staff will assist you every step of the way to help you create the wedding of your dreams. You can exchange vows on our beautiful golf course with its large blue lake as your backdrop. Then celebrate in our elegant banquet room with its panoramic view of the golf course and surrounding landscape. Our large deck overlooking the lake offers additional seating and can be covered with a white tent to create a lovely ambience and protection from the elements. The Falcon Lakes banquet hall has an adjoining room with a large beautiful bar. This room is the perfect reception area before dinner and serves as the entertainment and dancing area after dinner.
Falcon Lakes state-of-the-art audio and video system including our large overhead projection screen is ideal for showing your wedding video. Our ample parking area and covered entry way provides easy access to our wheelchair accessible banquet facilities. You may even want to combine your package with a pre-wedding golf outing for your groomsmen. With Falcon Lakes convenient location to the Chateau Avalon Hotel in The Legends at Village West, your overnight guests won't have to travel far after your celebration.
It's the start of the weekend and it's beautiful outside here at the Chateau Avalon...what are your plans for the best part of the week? If you don't have any yet, here are a few things that you might want to check out! Don't forget...whatever you do, make sure you spend time with the people you love!
- You can also enjoy this beautiful weather at the Brookside Art Annual. In its 27th year, this art fair draws more people from the entire region and ranks in the top 25 shows according to Art Source. Brookside is an eclectic neighborhood in the center of Kansas City, minutes from the Country Club Plaza. The show will occur at 63rd & Brookside between Main and Wornall and will be open all weekend! Admission is FREE.
- Wear blue all weekend and support Sporting Kansas City as they take on Montreal Impact on Saturday, May 5th at 7:30 p.m. Sporting KC is ranked #1 in the Eastern Conference...so proud of our team!
- If sports isn't your thing, you might want to check out the Kansas City Ballet's performance of "Masters of American Dance." This is the Ballet's last show of the season and it is sure to be spectacular!
Enjoy your weekend and make sure you like us on Facebook to check out some awesome Mother's Day specials!:)
And the winner of the Chateau Avalon Scavenger Hunt is.....Helen O'Brien Swanson!!! Congratulations to Helen and THANK YOU to all who played! You have made this scavenger hunt so much fun! If you were one of the 72 smartie-pants fans who got all the answers correct, you should have received a $75 room credit through e-mail! Pair that with your $25 spa credit and enjoy a night away!
We were overwhelmed by the response from all of our wonderful friends and fans who spent 23 days going through the photos of our rooms! We can only hope you had half as much fun as we did!
As you look forward to redeeming your prizes or if you are just looking for a fun night away, we are excited to say that we have a few new things up our sleeve;) Under construction and coming soon is our D'Nile Egyptian Wine Bar! We are so excited to expand our offerings in this way! Room service will be available or you are welcome to enjoy your beverages down in the bar or out on our beautiful North Patio!
We are also excited to announce an expansion of our spa services...more details on that coming soon!
Thanks to all of the wonderful friends and fans who participated in our Chateau Avalon Scavenger Hunt. We can only hope you had half as much fun as we did! The entries are pouring in and we are in the process of "grading" your papers. We love your competitive spirit and are honestly blown away by the enthusiasm you've shown!
If you have not submitted your entry, you still have a little bit of time left! Click here to submit your choices now! ALL entries MUST be in by 12:00 p.m. C.S.T. on April 26, 2012. Remember...JUST for filling out the form, you will instantly receive a $25 credit toward any spa service or package. ALSO...if you are one of the smartie-pants fans that managed to identify ALL 23 guest rooms guessed correctly, your name will be entered into the drawing for the GRAND PRIZE!!!! (One night in the suite of your choice, $50 gift card to the restaurant partner of your choice, a Couples Massage, and two VIP movie tickets to the Legends 14 Theatre).
But just so you know...no one walks away empty-handed! Even if your name is not drawn, you will receive a $75 credit towards and Adventurous or Luxury suite and a $25 credit towards any spa service or package. If you choose to stay in a Classic room, you will receive a $50 room credit and a $25 credit towards any spa service or package.
Good luck, everyone!!:)
As many of you know, this weekend is one of the most exciting weekends of the year for the Kansas City, KS area. This weekend, we welcome another NASCAR race event. With throngs of race fans, drivers and vendors in the area, there is sure to be plenty of excitement in the air.
Looking across the street from Chateau Avalon, we can already see the race fans beginning to arrive! The schedule is packed with fun activities and of course the real reason everyone's here...the races! Please see the race schedule below:
- Friday April 20 –NASCAR Practice –donations for Leukemia Lymphoma Society
- 9am-parking lots open,
- 10:30am-SPEED Stage Opens,
- 11am-Leukemia Lymphoma Society Sprint FanWalk opens,
- 11am-3pm-Chevy Ride and Drive,
- 11:20am-12:20pm-NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Practice,
- 12:30pm-1:50pm-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice,
- 2pm-3:20pm-NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Practice,
- 3:30pm-5pm-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice,
- 5pm- Trackside Live at the SPEED Stage.
- Saturday April 21: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series' STP 250
- 6am-parking lots open,
- 8am-gates open-Sprint FanWalk Opens featuring Vintage STP #43 Car and Kansas Army National Guard displays-Midway Displays Opens featuring SPEED Stage, Racing 101 Display and Chevy Ride and Drive,
- 9am-Richard Petty Motorsports Car Unveiling in Sprint FanWalk,
- 9:30am-11:15am-NASCAR Autograph Session (wristband required) in Sprint FanWalk Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth, Martin Truex Jr., Landon Cassill,
- 9:35am- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Qualifying,
- 10am- Jeff Gordon Q&A in the Finish Line,
- 10:30am- NASCAR Live at the SPEED Stage in Midway Display,
- 10:30am- Ryan Newman Q&A at the Finish Line,
- 10:30am- Q&A with Richard Petty and Aric Almirola at Sprint FanWalk,
- 11:10am- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Qualifying,
- 12:30pm- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Driver Introductions,
- 1pm-NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race - SFP 250
- Sunday April 22: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' STP 400
- 6am-Parking lots open
- 8m-Gates open, Midway Displays Opens, featuring SPEED Stage, Racing 101 Display and Chevy Ride and Drive
- 9am-Crossover Gates Open for Track Pass
- 9:30am-NASCAR Race day at the SPEED Stage in Midway Display
- 10:15-11:05am- Pre-Race Concert: Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- 11am- Crossover Gates Close for Entrance to Infield for Track Pass
- 11:20am- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver Introductions
- 12pm-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race - STP 400
Looking forward to a great time as we host fans, drivers, crews and everyone in-between! Have a wonderful weekend!