Come celebrate the 4th of July with Chateau Avalon in Kansas City! Whether you are looking for a romantic evening or a family-friendly event, Kansas City has a lot to offer. Check out this list of fun things to do in the area:
- KC Riverfest will take place on the 4th of July from 1 p.m. - 11 p.m. at Berkley Park (Downtown KC). There will be live performances, family activities and games, delicious food, fun entertainment and top-notch fireworks. Come join the fun!
- Parkville 4th of July Celebration - The action will take place in Historic Downtown Parkville, MO. There will fireworks and fun for the whole family. Click on the provided link to get a schedule of activities!
- T-Bones Baseball - Come out to the ball game and enjoy 4th of July fun and a great American past-time! There will be special $4 GA/Berm tickets available and $1 hotdogs with ANY beverage purchase!
These are only a few of the fun things available to do in the area! Have a very safe and happy 4th of July with the ones you love!
Here at Chateau Avalon, we gearing up to welcome our guests for the All-Star Game that will take place in Kansas City in only a couple of short weeks! Here in Village West, we are far away enough from the festivities that you can still have a relaxing vacation but close enough to the action that you can jump in whenever you'd like.
For more information about all the festivities taking place in honor of the All-Star game, click here! The MLB All-Star FanFest will be one of the biggest highlights of the All-Star celebration -- there will be activiites for the whole family and more delicious Kansas City food than you can wrap your head around!
For directions to Kauffman Stadium and information on parking, click here!
If you're still looking for a place to stay, we have a few rooms left. Call the hotel at 913-596-6000 or click here to book reservations online!
Chateau Avalon wishes you a Happy Father's Day! If you are still looking for the perfect gift for that wonderful dad, uncle, grandfather, husband or other significant man in your life than look no further!
We are offering some fantastic specials to make sure that we spoil dad a little bit on his special day! :) Right now through June 17th, you can get ANY Classic or Adventurous room for ONLY $199 + tax. Oh, and just because we love great dads so much, we're also including a $25 voucher to be used at d'Nile Wine Bar!
Please call the hotel directly at 913-596-6000 to make your reservation!
If you're looking for more fun things to do to celebrate Dad in Kansas City, than check out some of these upcoming events in our area:
- June 8th @ 7:05 p.m. Kansas City T-Bones vs. Wichita Wingnuts - Community America Ballpark
- June 8th - 10th and June 14th - 17th @ 8:30 p.m. "Sweeney Todd" - Shawnee Mission Theatre in the Park
- June 8th @ 8:00 p.m. Sounds of Summer, Kansas City Chamber Orchestra - Unity Temple on the Plaza
- June 9th @ 8:30 a.m. In the Blue Room: LIVE CONCERT - American Jazz Museum
- June 9th, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. & June 10th, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Crown Center Antique Festival at Crown Center Square
- June 9th @ 5:00 p.m. Live at the Legends, FREE Summer Concert Series - Legends Outlets
- June 9th @ 6:30 p.m. "Next to Normal", Kansas City Broadway Series - Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
P.S. If your dad's a golfer, make sure to check out our Pamper & Play specials!
*Father's Day special cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer or discount. Excludes Saturdays and blackout dates. Must be 21 years or older and posess a valid credit card to book. d'Nile Wine Bar is closed Sun. - Wed.; credit can be used towards spa service or package if desired.
It's the start of the weekend and it's beautiful outside here at the Chateau Avalon...what are your plans for the best part of the week? If you don't have any yet, here are a few things that you might want to check out! Don't forget...whatever you do, make sure you spend time with the people you love!
- You can also enjoy this beautiful weather at the Brookside Art Annual. In its 27th year, this art fair draws more people from the entire region and ranks in the top 25 shows according to Art Source. Brookside is an eclectic neighborhood in the center of Kansas City, minutes from the Country Club Plaza. The show will occur at 63rd & Brookside between Main and Wornall and will be open all weekend! Admission is FREE.
- Wear blue all weekend and support Sporting Kansas City as they take on Montreal Impact on Saturday, May 5th at 7:30 p.m. Sporting KC is ranked #1 in the Eastern Conference...so proud of our team!
- If sports isn't your thing, you might want to check out the Kansas City Ballet's performance of "Masters of American Dance." This is the Ballet's last show of the season and it is sure to be spectacular!
Enjoy your weekend and make sure you like us on Facebook to check out some awesome Mother's Day specials!:)
And the winner of the Chateau Avalon Scavenger Hunt is.....Helen O'Brien Swanson!!! Congratulations to Helen and THANK YOU to all who played! You have made this scavenger hunt so much fun! If you were one of the 72 smartie-pants fans who got all the answers correct, you should have received a $75 room credit through e-mail! Pair that with your $25 spa credit and enjoy a night away!
We were overwhelmed by the response from all of our wonderful friends and fans who spent 23 days going through the photos of our rooms! We can only hope you had half as much fun as we did!
As you look forward to redeeming your prizes or if you are just looking for a fun night away, we are excited to say that we have a few new things up our sleeve;) Under construction and coming soon is our D'Nile Egyptian Wine Bar! We are so excited to expand our offerings in this way! Room service will be available or you are welcome to enjoy your beverages down in the bar or out on our beautiful North Patio!
We are also excited to announce an expansion of our spa services...more details on that coming soon!
Thanks to all of the wonderful friends and fans who participated in our Chateau Avalon Scavenger Hunt. We can only hope you had half as much fun as we did! The entries are pouring in and we are in the process of "grading" your papers. We love your competitive spirit and are honestly blown away by the enthusiasm you've shown!
If you have not submitted your entry, you still have a little bit of time left! Click here to submit your choices now! ALL entries MUST be in by 12:00 p.m. C.S.T. on April 26, 2012. Remember...JUST for filling out the form, you will instantly receive a $25 credit toward any spa service or package. ALSO...if you are one of the smartie-pants fans that managed to identify ALL 23 guest rooms guessed correctly, your name will be entered into the drawing for the GRAND PRIZE!!!! (One night in the suite of your choice, $50 gift card to the restaurant partner of your choice, a Couples Massage, and two VIP movie tickets to the Legends 14 Theatre).
But just so you know...no one walks away empty-handed! Even if your name is not drawn, you will receive a $75 credit towards and Adventurous or Luxury suite and a $25 credit towards any spa service or package. If you choose to stay in a Classic room, you will receive a $50 room credit and a $25 credit towards any spa service or package.
Good luck, everyone!!:)