Looking forward to an exciting weekend? Here at Chateau Avalon, we can't wait! With everything that is going on here in the Kansas City area, we can't help but be excited! The weather forecast is looking great and we are ready to enjoy it! Here are a few things to look forward to this weekend:
- Start your weekend off early tonight (or tomorrow morning) at midnight and join the Legends 14 Theatre as they debut The Hunger Games!
- TITANIC: The Artifact Exhibition is taking place at Union Station in downtown Kansas City. Click here for hours and admission costs.
- Spring has certainly sprung in Kansas City and what better way to celebrate than going to the Kansas City Home Show & Flower, Lawn & Garden Show? It will take place Friday, March 23rd - Sunday, March 25th at Bartle Hall. For more information, call 816-942-8800.
- Don't forget to go cheer on Sporting KC this weekend as they take on FC Dallas! The match will be Sunday, March 25th at 6:00 p.m at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park.
- If you could use some laughter this weekend, join Stanford's Comedy Club as they welcome AJ Finney. Showtimes vary. Call 913-400-7500 for more information!
And the most important thing to do this weekend...enjoy spending time with the ones you love!
Happy Spring from the Chateau Avalon! Spring brings with it so many new and exciting things! One of the most exciting here in Kansas City was Sporting KC's first home game of the season on March 17th. There was some confusion as to whether fans should wear green or blue that day so most of us just wore both! Hands-down, Livestrong Sporting Park is one of the greatest facilities for sporting events in the country. There is nothing quite like the energy and excitement that is generated from the crowd!
There are a lot of fun events coming up this spring and summer that Chateau Avalon is proud to be a part of! We are especially excited to partner with K-LOVE and Air1 radio stations this coming Thursday as they help to host the Casting Crowns concert at Independence Events Center. They will give away a fantastic Chateau Avalon package to a very lucky concert goer. If you are in the audience, make sure you have your cell phone out and you are ready with your lightning-fast texting fingers!;)
If you haven't been to our Facebook page lately, make sure you check it out! We have been posting new photos of our 23 unique themes daily! You are sure to find the one that houses your favorite memories and/or the room your dying to stay in! Happy Spring!
Last night we hosted the first wine tasting of the new year. The event sold out over a week in advance and many attendees were repeats from earlier wine events. I love getting the chance to get to know my valued guests and VIPs a little better and have a little fun while we are at it.
For our first event of the year we wanted to do something special. We were fortunate to get Brian Fowler from Vintage Point to give us tastes of some great wines from BR Cohn. One that was a particular hit was the Chardonay. Another fun aspect to this event is that BR Cohn also has a special line of olive oils and basalmic vinegars. They were amazing. Who knew you could do so much with olive oil?
In addition to the great wines and food selections Brian and a number of guests shared some fun stories. If you have not attended a wine event at the Chateau Avalon they are very different from many that you might attend. I like to keep it loose, fun and interactive. Many of the attendees said they loved this about the event.
One couple is actually going to Sonoma, CA next week. Thanks to meeting Brian last night, they are getting hooked up with a special VIP tour at BR Cohn. So I would say the wine tasting at Chateau Avalon paid off big.
Stay tuned for our next wine announcement including a larger one in June that will be a charitable benefit. As always, thanks for being our guests.