Summer can be both the best of times and the worst of times for many families. While we all love to spend time with our kids, we are often looking for things to do that will be fun and exciting but also something that won't break the bank! Here in Kansas City, there are a lot of things to do and explore that can be new, even to a lifelong resident. Here are some of our favorite places to find summer fun in Kansas City!:
- The Deanna Rose Childrens' Farmstead - Located in Overland Park, this is a special place for kids to go to have fun with your kids. You can walk the nature trail, sit in the butterfly garden, visit the petting zoo, pan for gold and even hook a live worm. The best part is, this is a free activity -- they only ask for donations.
- Shawnee Mission Theatre in the Park - This is always a favorite among our staff and kids. If your child has a knack for the theatrical, this may be just the inspiration they need to explore their talents! Not only is it fun for kids, but the adults never complain about going either. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs -- they have concessions available or you can even bring in a picnic! New this year...Panera Bread is available for concessions!
- Union Station - is always a fun option for a day out. The travelling exhibits are always changing and there is definitely something for everyone. It's a great way to explore the history of Kansas City and do some fun things too! Make sure to check out Science City while you're there!
- T-Bones Baseball - We may be a little partial since they're our neighbors but nothing beats a T-Bones Baseball Game! Take the little ones out for the ballgame and have a night of family fun! Make sure to click on the link above to plan your visit!
- Kansas City Explorers - Not your typical tennis experience, this is a must-do in Kansas City! Cheer for our team in a high-energy tennis environment. As their website says, "No golf claps allowed!"
- Pick berries at The Berry Patch -- You will need to hurry because the season is almost over but there are still a few weeks left to pick! This is a great thing to do with kids -- afterwards, make fresh berry pies together!
Therse are only a few of our favorite things to do here in Kansas City! Leave a comment and share with us what YOUR favorite things are!